13 mar 2010

News: Nelly Furtado's new tour and new album

About to release an english album, portuguese-canadian Nelly Furtado arrives in Brazil to promote her spanish repertory. And portuguese album is on the line.

Change language and style like you change your clothes is something regular for the canadian Nelly Furtado who arrives in Brasil in march, for her Mi Plan concert, with spanish songs. But the 31 year old singer daughter of portuguese knows her hot-ass side, singing in english is undefeatable. With her hip hop release Loose (2006), she sold more than 10 million albums and her hits Promiscuous and Say it Right took Billboard over dominating the #1.

With her fifth album, she goes back to Shekespeare's language. Nelly says she wants to mix her influences from her previous albums. Lifestyle is set to be released in may "Its going to be my first fully english release", she says, by phone to Billboard Brasil. "Half of it its ready and its not a one-producer album. We have 10 songs finished, says Nelly, mixing portuguese and english on the interview.

She confirms the participation of Salaam Remi and dutch Dj Tiesto. Timbaland and Ryan Tedder are also rumored. After the return for a english release, she plans to risk herself on her first portuguese release. "It will be recorded in Portugal, but maybe with brazilian artists like Caetano Veloso with whom I've worked before" she tells, reminding she used to sing "Sozinho" on her concerts. She also says she's a fan of female brazilian singers. "I like Marisa Monte's voice, she has brasility on her performances. Daniela Mercury inspires me. They're definitely role models for me."

Nelly started her career in 2000 with her hit I'm Like a Bird and she admits she owns a lot to this song and that it does't feel like she's singing it for 10 years already.

"The most important thing is the song. You can sing now or in 20 years. If its a good song, that's what matters. But I'm always changing its arrangement" explains Nelly.

The way she sings, she reveals, also changed thanks to tracks like Manos Al Aire. "My music is my school. After recording an album in spanish, I changed my way of singing in english, with more passion. I'm a pop singer. My music background is diverse." she defines.

Being a promiscuous girl - culturaly speaking - does't hurt anyone.



Source: Billboard Brazil


0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario